(no subject)

Zabil C.M Zabil C.M

(no subject)

Hi All,
 We have been working on a functional testing framework to automate the release testing process for OpenMRS and have now come up with something which can run the tests by starting and OpenMRS server in jetty using embedded mysql. The goal is to have a standalone testing framework which can be configured on a build machine or run on developer machines.

Details on how to use it is available on the following ticket.
https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-2137

The ticket also has a patch with the changes.

The tests are BDD driven (using http://jbehave.org/) and utilizes WebDriver for performing the browser testing (http://code.google.com/p/selenium/)

Would be great if someone could give it a spin to see how it goes.

Cheers,
Zabil

[hidden email] from OpenMRS Developers' mailing list
Darius Jazayeri-3 Darius Jazayeri-3

(no subject)

Hi Zabil,

I'm really excited about this!

Basically this is a framework that we can use to automate our release testing. Just run one maven task, and it installs an embedded mysql database, starts jetty, runs the installer, and runs through all the web tests, by scripting a browser with webdriver.

I created a code review here. It's divided into three segments:
* a: these are the changes made to existing code
* b: the new maven project introduced
* stuff accidentally included from the logic module.

What we should do is:
* look at (a) to ensure that we're not doing anything bad to existing code
* decide whether we like the general idea of a new maven sub-project in (b), and decide what to call it
* plan a future sprint around writing actual test cases

-Darius